To enroll in a Neighborhood School:
- Contact the Enrollment Office at (210) 554-2660 to find your child’s zoned school.
- Begin your registration online through Frontline or by contacting the Enrollment Office at (210) 554-2660.
- Upload all required documents. Documents may be uploaded directly into Frontline, texted to (210) 309-3259, or brought to your child’s school.
To apply to a Choice School or Magnet Program:
- Visit the SAISD Choice Schools & Magnet Programs website to see all your academic options.
- Click the yellow APPLY button in the top right corner to apply online with SchoolMint or download a hard copy to print, complete, and submit.
- For assistance or to apply by phone, contact the Enrollment Office at (210) 554-2660.
Generally, lotteries are hosted for entry grades at Choice Schools and Magnet Programs. Typically, for elementary schools, entry grades are PK and kindergarten; middle school entry grade is 6th grade; high school entry grade is 9th grade. Lotteries are blind, randomized, computerized, and conducted at the district level. Applications for non-lottery grades are placed on a waitlist, and applicants are accepted based on seat availability for that grade.
Start with the schools right in your neighborhood. Neighborhood schools give students the traditional K-12 experience with well-rounded academic offerings, fine arts, and athletic programs. Find the schools that service your home address by calling the Enrollment Office at (210) 554-2660.
San Antonio ISD also offers a number of specialized schools and programs that are open to students across Bexar County, with first priority given to students within the district. Those schools are identified as Choice Schools and Programs and require an application to enroll.
Many schools have question-and-answer sessions planned throughout the school year for new students. Additionally, San Antonio ISD publishes an annual Enrollment Guide. This online resource provides a comprehensive overview of all our campuses, including academic and extracurricular program offerings, location and contact information, and enrollment criteria.
Safety continues to be a top priority and we will follow CDC guidance in our efforts to keep students, staff, and families safe. San Antonio ISD’s safety measures and instructional continuity plan can be found on the district’s Safe School Start page.